I’ve spent days packing to leave for Las Vegas for the National Finals Breakaway Roping, and I’ve got all the horse stuff packed—but what I need for my kids and myself? That’s a lot tougher.
But, before I head out, here are five things I will make sure are in my bags:
- Static Guard. I’m used to the Texas humidity, not the Las Vegas desert. Everything is dry, so I get static like crazy walking through the casino. I spray my hair down. My clothes. Everything.
- Humidifier with Essential Oils. I run that in the hotel room all the time, with immune-boosting essential oils to keep from getting sick.
- Long Johns. I take a set of long johns for under my shirt and pants because you never know the weather there, and when it’s cold in Las Vegas it’s cold.
- Vitamins. We do all the vitamins. That’s a given.
- Krimper. I take one just in case I want to get a little crazy with my hair. There’s nowhere else all year I get to do that.
Pro Tip: Amazon delivers to the hotels, so if you don’t remember to bring one of the essentials, you can usually have it right away.